Medherant is currently recruiting for the following vacancies:
Job Title: Senior Scientist - Chemist
Reports to: Principal Scientist (PS)
Direct Reports: None
Medherant is looking for a Senior Scientist - Chemist to be part of its R&D team in the design and development of products including novel transdermal patch delivery technologies. The Senior Scientist will design, synthesise, formulate, analyse and scale up novel transdermal adhesives containing a range of organic actives. They will also work in developing new IP, technologies and products.
- To work with the R&D team in formulation and development of transdermal adhesives and to aid in the provision of a full characterisation package comprising the properties and the performance of the materials.
- To develop formulations for novel transdermal patch products.
- Synthesise and characterise polymers for use in company products.
- To work with the PS to transfer products to the in-house pilot plant coating facility.
- To assist with solving technical problems and support other areas of the business to ensure clear work flow.
- To be involved in the analysis of product performance with the analytical team.
- To contribute to the planning and implementation of the technical strategy.
- To train and supervise scientists.
- To help maintain appropriate safety assessments and records of all chemical processes and COSHH records.
- To develop and/or provide input into project risk assessments and assist in the identification of risk mitigation strategies.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum PhD or equivalent in the Chemical or related Sciences or relevant scientific discipline or equivalent experience.
- Some expertise in polymer/material synthesis and characterisation is essential.
- Familiarity with NMR, GPC, HPLC, FTIR, GC-MS and related techniques.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data using specific data analysis packages.
- Proven track record of delivering effectively to deadlines within academic or industrial environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be practical, diligent and conscientious, able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Be able to uphold and comply with the statutory provision of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation and policies or procedures relating to Health & Safety at Work.
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
The position is a full time permanent post and the start date is envisaged to be September 2020.
The salary for the role is £28,000-£35,000 dependent on experience.
Please send a CV and cover letter detailing your availability and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be contacted for interview and those that do not hear back within 3 weeks have been unsuccessful in their application.
Applications Closing Date: 31st July 2020